Body Rashes Information
Body rash is termed as an irritation or swelling on the skin surface. Rash changes the color, appearance and texture of the skin, causing the affected area to become warm, bumpy, dry, cracked or blistered, swelled and, sometimes, even painful. Skin rashes are not restricted to a specific part of the body and can occur anywhere. Men, women and children, all can suffer from body rashes, resulting from irritation, disease or an allergic reaction. In the following lines, we have provided the various causes and symptoms of body rashes.
Causes Of Body Rashes
Causes Of Body Rashes
- Allergy to dyes and chemicals in clothing
- Chemicals present in elastic, latex and rubber products
- Reaction to cosmetics, perfumes, soaps and detergents
- Heat rash
- Dry skin
- Skin contact with an irritant
- Food allergy
- Bacterial or viral infection, e.g., by the viruses that cause chickenpox, smallpox, cold sores and measles
- Fungal infection, such as ringworm
- Reaction to vaccination
- Skin diseases, such as eczema or acne
- Exposure to sun (sunburn) or heat
- Friction due to chafing of the skin
- Autoimmune disorders, such as psoriasis
- Lead poisoning
Symptoms Of Body Rashes
- Little red bumps
- Stinging or burning sensation
- Pus-filled sacs
- Dry, scaly patches
- Bruise-like spots
- Pink-red rings on the skin
Body rash is nothing, but an inflammation on the skin. Also known as skin rash, it causes a change in color and texture of the skin on the affected area. While some rashes appear on the whole body, a few occur on specific body parts only, such as back, face, neck, etc. The cause of body rashes might be a disease or an allergic reaction. While some body rashes are contagious, the others are not. Body rash is seen in the form of red, itchy or non-itchy bumps on the skin. There might be stinging or burning sensation over the affected area as well. In the following lines, we have listed some home remedies for curing body rashes.
Home Remedy For Body Rashes
- An effective home remedy for healing body rash would be to wash the affected area with chamomile tea. Take a cup of boiling water and steep 2-3 tsp fresh or dried chamomile flowers in it. Strain the decoction and cool it down.
- Olive oil is said to have therapeutic qualities. Apply olive oil to the affected area. It would penetrate the skin and cure the rash.
- A simple way to treat body rash would be to apply Aloe vera gel or pulp. Apply this on the affected region. This would be very helpful in treating the body rash.
- Apply baking soda on the affected body part. After applying it, press the area gently. It would provide relief from the irritation and also cure the rash.
- A poultice made from yellow dock root, chaparral and dandelion would be effective in treating skin rashes. Take a handful of herb and blend in the mixer, with water, to form a puree. Apply on the affected area and cover with cheesecloth or bandage.
- Take a piece of cotton cloth and dip it in calcium water or comfrey. Place this cloth on the affected area. Not only would it be calming, but also help reduce inflammation.
- Blend 10-15 basil leaves with 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Apply a coat of this mixture on the rashes.
- Increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin C. Citrus fruits will work best in this regard.
- Oatmeal bath proves useful in treating body rashes. Take a cup of uncooked oatmeal and pour it into the bathwater. Immerse your body in this water. Apart from providing instant relief, it would also heal the rash.